Get a Free Quote
from Tampa Bay’s Top Moving & Storage Company!
One Month in Advance
- Start getting rid of items you intend to throw away. Cleans out your closets, sheds and attics of all the things you won’t be moving. Donate items such as clothes, food and shoes. Having a garage sale is also a great way to get rid of things you don’t use anymore.
- Submit a change of address form with the USPS. www.usps.com/changeaddress
- Packing is often one of the most time consuming parts of moving. Start packing as soon as you know you are moving. Just 30 minutes of packing a day can get you a huge head start.
- Schedule your move with The Movers Moving & Storage. You can’t go wrong with a mover that has a 40 year track record of customer satisfaction in the Tampa Bay Area. Get a free quote!
One to Two Weeks in Advance
- Make a emergency bag with everything you need to survive for 24 hours and keep it in safe place to ensure it doesn’t get lost or packed in a box. Some essentials may include medicine, clothes, snacks and some cash.
- Schedule utilities to be disconnected at your old home and reconnected at your new home. This would include water, electricity, telephone, cable, internet, security, pest control, and lawn care to name a few.
Day Before Moving Day
- Make plans for children and pets to be in a safe place during the hustle and bustle of moving day.
- Double check your emergency bag for all essentials and make sure it’s in a safe place.
Moving Day is Here
- Do a thorough check on your home after moving out to ensure nothing is left behind. Check closets, attics, the garage and basement and check for small parts such as hardware and screws.
- Make sure valuable such as cash and jewelry are with you personally at all times in a safe place no one else has access to.
The Movers Blog
Thinking about taking the leap and moving to St. Petersburg, Florida for your Golden Years? You really couldn’t make a better choice when it comes to your quality of life in retirement. Sunny weather, abundant golf courses, and a large, vibrant population of active...
Follow These Helpful Tips To Save Time and Money On Your Next Move!Moving with an elevator involved always adds a little more time to a move compared to a ground floor, BUT, with a little planning and forward thinking the amount of extra time spent moving...
Call Tampa's Top Rated Moving & Storage company for a Fast Free EstimateThe Movers Moving & Storage has been serving Tampa Bay's families and businesses for over 35 years. If you're moving in Tampa Bay make you next move stress free and...