Get a Free Quote
from Tampa Bay’s Top Moving & Storage Company!
The Movers Moving & Storage has been helping people in the Tampa Bay Area move for 40 years! We know a thing or two about having a smooth move. Here are a few of our best tips to help make your move stress free and easy.
- Start getting rid of items you intend to throw away. Cleans out your closets, sheds and attics of all the things you won’t be moving. Donate items such as clothes, food and shoes.
- Submit a change of address form with the USPS.
- Packing is often one of the most time consuming parts of moving. Start packing as soon as you know you are moving. Just 30 minutes of packing a day can get you a huge head start. Check out our packing tips!
- Schedule utilities to be transferred to your new home. The day before or after moving day is the best time to schedule installation appointments so you can focus on moving day without interruptions.
- Start planning how you will arrange your furniture in your new home. Use a tape measure to make sure everything will fit.
Moving Day is Here!
- Be sure to have some essentials on hand at your new home. This includes paper towels, toilet paper, water, medications, and some snacks for energy.
- Make sure keep your valuables in a safe place such as the trunk of your car.
- Take your time! Unpacking and setting up is time consuming. Make sure to have the essentials labeled to unload first and take your time unpacking over the course of a few days or weeks.
- Be sure to label your boxes so you don’t have to guess which room it need to go to. What room it came from as well as a brief description as to what’s inside will help make unpacking easier.
- Save time on moving day by having already obtained keys to your new home or having already rented the storage unit your moving into.
The Movers Blog
Let’s face it, moving is stressful. There are so many tasks to juggle while you balance trying not to forget anything important. Some experts even consider moving to be one of the most stressful life events aside from divorce. Keeping a level head makes moving easier....
Thinking about taking the leap and moving to St. Petersburg, Florida for your Golden Years? You really couldn’t make a better choice when it comes to your quality of life in retirement. Sunny weather, abundant golf courses, and a large, vibrant population of active...
Follow These Helpful Tips To Save Time and Money On Your Next Move!Moving with an elevator involved always adds a little more time to a move compared to a ground floor, BUT, with a little planning and forward thinking the amount of extra time spent moving...