Get a Free Quote
from Tampa Bay’s Top Moving & Storage Company!
Moving With Kids
The Movers Moving & Storage has been helping people in the Tampa Bay Area move for 40 years! We know a thing or two about having a smooth move. Here are a few of our best tips to help make your move stress free and easy for you and your little ones.
Tips For Moving With Children
- Work while they are sleeping! Toddlers often get moody when they see their toys being packed away and it’s just easier in general when you can focus solely on packing and preparing.
- Giving your children a new toy or distraction while you need to get things done will help you stay focused and get things done. A new toy or their favorite move or TV show can help keep the little ones busy.
- If possible let your child visit your new home beforehand to let them start to get used to their new surroundings and rooms.
- Reading books about moving to your little one before bed. Local libraries should have a selection of children books on the subject.
- Let your child get involved in certain aspects. You can let them draw a picture of how they imagine their new room will look, or even let them pack a few things in boxes.
- After moving into your new home try to return to your old routine as soon as possible. Similar meal times and nap times will help with readjusting to all new surroundings.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from friends and family. Having a parent or relative babysit during the move and for a day or two after can help tremendously.
The Movers Blog
Follow These Helpful Tips To Save Time and Money On Your Next Move!Moving with an elevator involved always adds a little more time to a move compared to a ground floor, BUT, with a little planning and forward thinking the amount of extra time spent moving...
Call Tampa's Top Rated Moving & Storage company for a Fast Free EstimateThe Movers Moving & Storage has been serving Tampa Bay's families and businesses for over 35 years. If you're moving in Tampa Bay make you next move stress free and...
Avoid Moving Day Disasters With These 5 Easy TipsMoving can be one of the most stressful events in a persons life behind the death of a family member and divorce. The entire event of relocating yourself and your family is stressful, and moving day itself...